Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I suffer from "Whereus Did I Putus That Disease".  That's Latin for, "Oh man!  I can't find my keys!". Don't bother looking it up in any medical dictionary.  Just trust me when I tell you that it is real, and I have a full-blown case!  How do I know?  Let me explain....

Saturday was grocery shopping day.  As is my routine, I grabbed a cart and put my wallet and keys in the "baby seat".  After my son and I grabbed what we needed, we headed for the check-out stand.  The lovely lady bagging our groceries had an empty cart ready to go, so she loaded our groceries in that as she bagged them.  I paid, we all wished each other a good day, and my son and I headed out to the car.  That's when I realized my keys were still in the baby seat of our original cart.  No worries, right?  Just go back in and get them.  Uh yeah...it was Saturday.  In the few short minutes that we had put the cart away, about 1,348 people had come into the store and taken a cart.  Did I mention that I also suffer from "Exaggerateous Oftenus Syndrome"?  Anyway, short story made far too long....I got to meet a whole bunch of new people as I violated their privacy by rummaging through their carts.  Good news - I found the keys!  Bad news - my picture now hangs at the front of the store.  I let you work out why.....

This got me thinking of all of the other items I have misplaced over the years.  While there are far too many items for me to bother the world at large with, I thought I'd use this blog as a sort-of "MISSING" poster for some of the bigger items.  Please let me know if you find any of the following:

LOST: Tears for Fears tickets in 1987.  Last seen: In a super safe place so I wouldn't lose them.  I'm still looking.....

LOST:  Retainer.  Last seen:  On my tray at a McDonalds in Kansas in 1986.  If found....ummmmm...go ahead and keep it.

LOST:  Hubcaps to a Hyundai Excel.  Last seen:  Flying across State Street when I hit a really big pothole going a teensy, weensy bit too fast.

LOST: My wallet.  Last seen: In my daughters hands as I asked her to carry it while I carried the shelving unit I wanted to buy in 2004.  When we got to the register, I asked my darling then 3-year-old to hand it to me.  Looking fairly bored, she told me that it was too heavy (NOT from an excess of money!!) so she put it in someone's cart.  If you are that someone, I just want my Subway points card back.....

Hold on to your shorts, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment